20070213

putting face to face


After all, it is not that he’s coming? When he said the first time I didn’t believe so much, when he said the second I really wished him to say the third, just to dream about how good it would be. And now that I already know the flight number and schedule I’m feeling butterflies in my stomach and, oh!, my God.

Butterflies in my stomach because it’s such an unpleasant work to put fancy and reality face to face. Oh, how anxious can gets the idea of falling in love with a handsome European with blue eyes, oh doctor, how painful! But one thing is the idea of falling in love with a handsome European with blue eyes, and another one, completely different, is to really fall in love with a handsome European with blue eyes. Oh, the differences between fancy and reality, oh!

The idea is wonderful: we live a love history during seven days in the tropical country that takes off the breath, we discover being twin souls and have the most glorious sex that ever happened. Later he leaves with the promise of a sooner return. I start to dream awaked about our next meeting that can happen – why not? – in a tiny German city on the next September. Ein was für to prachtvoller tag, oh- Gott!

From that for the promises of eternal love and the touching goodbyes in airports, snowed mountains faced through glassed walls… Oh, I already see my self seated by a fireplace in Külmbach, eating Swiss chocolates and chatting by the phone for hours with my sister, seeing the snow fall down all around… I and my big pregnancy of 8 months, with our beloved Hanna or Yürgen – or both – peacefully resting inside of me. Oh, I already see myself!

Yeap, it would be a dream, because in the real life things would be a little different.

We live a love history during seven days in the tropical country that takes off the breath, we discover being twin souls and have the most glorious sex that ever happened. And then he goes away with the promise of returning soon…

And I go crazy. I start to imagine all the pretty and blue eyed ladies that live there, in the same block of, and start to pull my hair out. I try all the possible combinations of passwords - dates of birth, names of the nephews, the year where his football team left the second division in the Champions League - trying to enter in his e-mail box. The few chats in msn (that had always been few) change into proofs that he is already forgetting me, and when he gets more distant (we can't forget he's German) transforms into a guarantee that everything hadn’t been more than a dream. Soon, it’s all gone; we are back to the long and continuous road, in no curves, no danger!

Ok, now the optimistic version, the love story would continue straight ahead, and if we really discover being twin souls I will have that to take the decision of giving a shot in the dark and move over, leaving my tiny winy tropical country that I’m always complaining about and, oh god, what do I do? Marry or buy an umbrella? How am I going to live without the dinners with my girlfriends? What about my family? What about my pets? What about my summer dresses and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I’m going to get enormously fat! Will I get a job? Will I be able to fluently speak his language? Aaaaaaargh, what I’m going to do with all my cute sandals and my dresses at all? Aaaaaaaaaargh! No, I think it’s better to stay here, instead of leaving everything precisely now that I just bought a new car and am deeply in debt!

The truth is that, many times, we fall in love with the idea of falling in love, while falling really in love gets more to a labyrinth just equal to that from the “shine” movie, that I watched again in another day and gave me nightmares the three followed nights.

In the ideal world, falling in love seems to be pretty as a sunset in a desert island. But in the real life, sometimes it gets more to an Impressionist scene of a giant and incandescent sun falling on the top of your head. And if it’s really a desert island, you won’t have anyone to help you on fighting the fire of your beautiful hair, treated with affection and Lancòme products.

Ein was für wundervolles gefühl!